This recipe is from Sue Gregg’s ‘Lunches & Snacks’ cookbook. This is a great book for teaching children to cook, and helping them learn the basics of good nutrition. It even comes with a CD-rom with step-by-step picture instructions for the recipes. The kids will be making this meal themselves this week. I can’t get lima beans, so I’m going to try broadbeans.
1. Soak onion in salted water 10 minutes (to mellow it); drain and combine with remaining ingredients in large salad bowl:
– 1 med. to large onion, chopped
– 250g (10 oz.) corn kernels, fresh or frozen (rinse off chill)
– 400g (16 oz.) green lima beans, rinsed
– 1 large tomato, chopped
– 200g (8 oz.) feta cheese, coarsely chopped (or goat’s cheese/soy cheese)
– 100g (4 oz.) sliced black olives
– 1/2 red capsicum (bell pepper), chopped
– 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
– 3 tablespoons grapeseed/olive oil
– sea salt
2. Mound salad into lettuce cups on salad plates.