These corn and cannelini bean patties are great for breakfast or lunch – they’re high protein, so they’re full of energy, and very quick to make. I made these for lunch today, as there was no bread left and six hungry kids to feed! They would probably make a good addition to kid’s lunchboxes too, with a little tomato sauce to dip them in.
The original recipe is from a wonderful cookbook, “Very Wellness,” by Val Allen. This recipe book has some great recipes for the health conscious, and is allergy friendly.
- 100g rice-almond milk (or coconut milk or almond-sunflower milk)
- 420g can cannelini beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 teaspoon tamari
- 1 egg (or 2 tsp chia seeds soaked in 2 Tblspns water)
- 1 shallot/spring onion, quartered
- 60g wholemeal spelt flour, or 90g gluten free flour
- 100g frozen corn kernels
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Mix rice-almond milk, cannelini beans, tamari, egg, shallot/spring onion in Thermomix for 10 seconds, speed 6.
- Add wholemeal spelt flour, frozen corn kernels, teaspoon sea salt and mix on speed 3 for 10 seconds, or until well-combined.
- Drizzle a little extra virgin olive oil into frying pan and drop in spoonfuls of batter, turning over when underside is browned.