“Work Smarter, Not Harder!” with David Westbrook
A Quirky Cooking Chats Podcast with Jo Whitton
In our frantically busy society, it’s easy to get caught up in the “busyness equals success” trap. In this podcast, David Westbrook of Farm Owners Academy shares his insights on how to stop glorifying “busy” and transition to working in a way that aligns with your values, working smarter not harder!
Listen in for plenty of down-to-earth, practical advice that will benefit your daily life, whether you’re a farmer, a business person, a busy mum trying to keep up with all the cooking and organising for the family, or a teenager working on keeping up with school assignments.
We chat about:
- how a health crisis in David’s family led him to regenerative farming
- how he changed the way he worked so he could focus more on health and family life
- top tips for time management
- slowing down to speed up
- making a ‘stop doing’ list
- the ‘brick theory’ (also known as the ‘brain dump’)
- the ‘traffic light theory’ for prioritising tasks
- setting goals & creating your ideal week
- making a ‘default diary’
- the power of your thoughts
- harnessing your dreams to change your life
David is a business coach with a difference he coaches farmers for the Farm Owners Academy, helping them to create a “Freedom Farm” – a farm that makes good money and is profitable; that is aligned with the owners values; and that gives the owner time for the important things in life.
Time, money and happiness is what freedom farming is all about! David says, “We’re not teaching how to farm, we’re teaching how to run a business! How to work smarter and not harder, and how to slow down to make more money.”
- Getting Things Done: The Art of Stress-Free Productivity
- Eat That Frog!: 21 Great Ways to Stop Procrastinating and Get More Done in Less Time
- “Be Curious! The importance of Having a Curious Mindset” – I talk about David & Becky’s story and how being curious changed their lives! Listen Here.