Well the weather’s finally starting to warm up. I’m so ready for spring, summer and SORBET! This is just a quick post to try out my new laptop (yay!) and share my new favourite flavour of sorbet. It’s so refreshing, a perfect intro to the warmer weather.
These flavours were inspired by what’s been in my veggie box lately. Creamy and tropical, this is a great one for those of us who need a dairy free replacement for ice cream… you’d swear it has cream in it! I’m so addicted to coconut cream ice-creams. I hope you like it too.
Note: You will need to freeze the pineapple pieces and the coconut cream ahead of time!
- 80g Rapadura (or to taste)
- 1 vanilla bean, snipped in a few pieces
- Zest of 2 limes
- 350g ice cubes
- 450g coconut cream, frozen in ice cube trays (either tinned, or make your own from fresh or dried coconut)
- 2 limes, skin removed
- 300g frozen pineapple pieces
- 1 egg white (optional)
- Grind vanilla, rapadura & lime zest on speed 9 for 30 seconds, or until finely ground.
- Add the ice cubes and grind on speed 9 for 10 seconds.
- Add the frozen coconut cream and grind on speed 9 for 10 seconds.
- Add frozen pineapple pieces, the two whole 2 limes (without skin), and the egg white. Process on speed 9 until creamy, pushing mixture down with spatula as needed.