Here’s a brownie recipe I made up the other day in honour of my little brother who was visiting from the big city – this one’s for you, bro! These brownies are especially nice eaten with fresh strawberries, and they’re even better if they’re shared with those you love. Enjoy.
Gluten free, dairy free, naturally sweetened, easy and delicious!
- 170g raw hazelnuts (no need to remove skins)
- 60g dates
- 40g raw cacao powder or organic cocoa powder
- 60g Rapadura
- 4 large eggs
- 50g coconut oil
- 30g macadamia oil or light olive oil
- 60g coconut cream
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 heaped teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 190° celcius.
- Weigh all the ingredients into the Thermomix bowl and process on speed 9 for 30 seconds. Scrape down sides of bowl, and process again on speed 9 for another 20 seconds.
- Pour into a greased or lined 7" x 11" (18cm x 28cm) rectangular oven dish. Bake for about 30 minutes, or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- To serve, you can dust with cocoa or powdered Rapadura if you like.