These scones are for those of you who are gluten free and really missing light, fluffy scones! For a gluten free, dairy free treat, use the macadamia oil option, and top them with some naturally sweetened jam (takes 8 mins to make, no excuses!) and some cashew cream, for a delicious afternoon tea treat. I’ve tried this recipe with many different GF flour mixes, and have found that the Orgran SR flour has the lightest and best results. Others will be heavier and crumbly. As is usual with gluten free baking, these are best eaten on the same day.
Note: You can find fine sea salt for this recipe in my online store here!
- 300g Orgran® gluten free self raising flour
- 60g butter or macadamia oil
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 2 eggs
- 150g coconut milk (recipe here)
- Preheat oven to 200°. Line baking tray with baking paper, or sprinkle with flour.
- Place flour, butter or oil and salt into mixing bowl and mix 6 sec/speed 6.
- Add eggs and milk and mix 10 sec/speed 5, using spatula to help mixture to combine. Do not overmix.
- Drop mixture by rounded tablespoonfuls onto baking tray, placing close together so scones are touching.
- Cook at 200° for approx. 15 mins, or until lightly browned and cooked through.