Anyone feeling like a little treat with their cuppa today? These deliciously moist cakes are topped with a sticky, caramel, pecan topping… so so good. I used to make them with spelt flour, but since going gluten free I swapped to almond meal, and I think they taste even better!! You can reduce the coconut sugar in the cake to taste, or even swap it for 40g of honey.
I’m really happy with the way these muffins turned out using macadamia oil instead of butter – the texture is perfect. For those of you wanting to convert your own muffin recipes for the Thermomix, just remember you have to be really careful not to over-mix, or you’ll have heavy, dense muffins. Notice that I only mix these for a few seconds, scrape down the bowl, and gently mix for another few seconds – that’s it! Don’t beat all the air out of them. You could use this basic mixture for all sorts of muffins – blueberry-pecan is next on the list for me I think!
Sticky Pecan Muffins
Write a review
- 70g raw pecans
- 3 Tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp coconut cream (or butter)
- 130g raw pecans
- 110g macadamia oil
- 80g coconut sugar
- 100g almond meal
- 3 large eggs (55-60g each)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Grease or line a 12-cup muffin pan (or madeleine tin).
- Chop pecans 4 sec/speed 4, or just until roughly chopped. Remove to a bowl.
- Melt coconut sugar, honey and coconut cream (or butter) in Thermomix bowl 2 mins/100C/speed 1 to make caramel.
- Spoon 1 Tbsp of caramel into each muffin cup.
- Add a sprinkling of chopped pecans, and set aside.
- Add all remaining ingredients to Thermomix bowl and mix 6 sec/speed 4. Scrape down sides of bowl and mix for another 5 sec/speed 3 to combine.
- Divide mixture evenly between muffin cups. Bake for approx. 20 minutes at 180C, or until skewer inserted into centre of muffins comes out clean.
- To make this recipe without a Thermomix: Chop pecans by hand. Melt coconut sugar, honey and coconut cream (or butter) in a saucepan until just starting to bubble, then spoon into tins. Mix remaining ingredients in a bowl by hand, until smooth, and divide into muffins cups. Cook as above.
Quirky Cooking https://quirkycooking.com.au/
Enjoy! I’m off to sneak the last one now that the kids have gone to bed…