This is one of my favourite crockpot meals! I found it ages ago on the internet, and can’t remember where it came from – but I changed it anyway, as usual, so here’s my version.
If you want to make the chorizo sausages yourself, see the recipe below (adapted for the Thermomix). I’m going to try turkey instead of the traditional pork, as I’m a bit wary of pork.
Note: You can find Fine sea salt, Aussie Kibble Pepper and Organic Garlic for this recipe in my online store!
1. Make your white sauce using recipe link below (or if you don’t mind dairy and additives and preservatives, and too much salt, use tinned creamy corn soup!)
– 2 cups dairy-free white sauce with some vege stock concentrate (or Massel chicken stock powder) & 1 cup corn added before cooking, then pureed (I make mine in the Thermomix)
2. Tip it into crockpot and add:
– 2 cups chicken or vege broth (or more if you want it soupier)
– 5 potatoes, cubed
– 2 carrots, sliced
– 500g frozen corn
– Spanish chorizo sausages, sliced (however much you like)
– 1 bag baby spinach leaves (or a couple of cups)
3. Cook on low for 8-10 hrs, or high for about 4 hrs. Yum!
(This is Gluten-free Girl’s recipe adapted for the Thermomix. For the original, see here.)
1. Drop garlic in bowl & mince for 3 seconds on speed 7:
– 2 cloves garlic, peeled
2. Add meat to bowl & mince for 8-15 seconds on speed 7 until desired consistency.
– 500g (1 pound) cubed pork or turkey
3. Add, and mix for 20 seconds on speed 5 (use more or less, to taste):
– 2 teaspoons chilli powder
– 1 1/2 teaspoons smoked paprika
– 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
– sherry vinegar
– 1 teaspoon each sea salt and cracked black pepper
4. Make a tiny taster of the sausage. Bring a sauté pan to high heat. Pour in a splash of oil. Put the tiny sausage patty in the hot oil. Cook, and taste, to check the seasonings. Adjust accordingly.
5. Roll into small sausages or patties and cook as above.